Jordi Villà i Freixa
Due to a change in job location by JVF, currently director of the Superior Polytechnical School at University of Vic, this site is currently on hold for the length of such assignment. The site will be kept up to date with respect to academic and research activity, but will not represent the current work by JVF
- Holder of a Spanish Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia PhD fellowship, a long term EMBO fellowship and a short term EMBO fellowship. Visitor at the Departments of Chemistry of the University of Minnesota (1995, 1996, 1998), University of Southern California (1998, 1999-2001), Imperial College London (2003) the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of California at San Francisco (2010) and the International Institute for Molecular and Cell Biology in Warsaw (2011).
- Associate Professor with tenure (professor agregat, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology). Universitat Pompeu Fabra. Barcelona.
- Coordinator of the MSc on Bioinformatics for Health Sciences (2004-2009). Universitat Pompeu Fabra/Universitat de Barcelona, with a double title by the Università di Bologna. UPF Social Counseel Award for the best teaching and coordination work within an MSc program (2009).
- Group leader Computational Biochemistry and Biophysics lab, within the Research Unit on Biomedical Informatics, a joint unit of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and the IMIM Hospital del Mar.
- Partner of several European projects. Participant in a number of other EC projects within the framework of the GRIB. PI of 3 project funded by the Spanish ministry for Education and Research, an Avanza plan from the Spanish Ministery of Industry and an integrated action with Poland (group of Dr. Janusz Bujnicki, Warsaw). See the CBBL projects page for details.
- Author of more than 40 scientific papers in SCI indexed journals. Mentor of 5 completed and 2 ongoing PhD thesis.
- Expert and reviewer for different journals, research programs and projects (ANEP, CICYT Spanish agency, Humboldt foundation, among other). Coordinator of the Spanish Bioinformatics network (2007). Advisory board of the Red Galega de Bioinformática (2008).
- Co-founder of aScidea Computational Biology Solutions SL.
Jordi Villà i Freixa
Computational Biochemistry and Biophysics lab
Research Program on Biomedical Informatics (GRIB) – IMIM/UPF
C/Doctor Aiguader, 88
Tel: +34 93 316 0504 – Fax: +34 93 316 0550