Due to a change in job location by JVF, currently director of the Superior Polytechnical School at University of Vic, this site is currently on hold for the length of such assignment. The site will be kept up to date with respect to academic and research activity, but will not represent the current work by JVF
As part of the University system, our interest embrace also teaching in several areas. Currently, we coordinate or participate in the teaching of a number of undergraduate and graduate level courses in the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, as well as have had an active role in external courses in a number of places.
For scientific conferences and presentations, go here.
- Matemàtiques (Llicenciatura en Biologia, 1st course, UPF; course 2001-2002 until course 2007-2008): Introduction to algebra, calculus and differential equations, theory and practice.
- Biologia Estructural (Llicenciatura en Biologia, 4th course, UPF; course 2001-2002 until present):Molecular simulations, theory and practice.
- Usant MOLARIS per entendre Reactivitat Enzimàtica (in catalan)
- Molecular simulations, 2010, 2011
- Usant PyDock per predir modes d’interacció de dues cadenes peptídiques, June 2010 (in catalan)
From the course 2004-2005 until 2008-2009, JVF coordinated the MSc on Bioinformatics for Health Sciences, a joint effort between the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and the Universitat de Barcelona, which provides a joint title along with the Università di Bologna. Check the Linkedin group for the master. During this period, the course taught or coordinated by members of the lab have been:
- Mathematics (MAT):Introduction to calculus, algebra, differential equations and probability
- Computational Systems Biology (CSB): Until the course 2008-2009, members of the lab participated in the teaching of gene regulatory networks modelling with ByoDyn
- Introduction to Python (PYT): Development of small to large projects in Python (see the projects page for details)
- Design and Management of Research Projects (PRO): This course aims at providing researchers with some basic knowledge about project management, with specific emphasis on proper design and implementation of research projects. Additionally, due attention is given to aspects related to the use of research results after the project is finished, as a key topic for ensuring long-term financing and expansion of the researchers’ career.
- Molecular Simulations (MSI): Concept of potential energy surface, Monte Carlo, Molecular dynamics, free energy simulations. Theory and Practice
- Introduction to biomedicine (IBM): JVF participates in an introduction to biochemistry (file)
- Bioinformatics Laurea Specialistica, Università di Bologna, Italy (February 2008): One week course on Molecular simulations
- Curso de postgrado en modelado molecular, Universidad de Tucumán, Argentina (November 2008): One week course on Molecular Simulations
- Curso de simulaciones moleculares, Universidad de Concepción, Chile (January 2010): One week course on Molecular Simulations
- Curso de Simulaciones moleculares, Universidad de Chile y Universidad de Santiago de Chile, (January 2011):One week course on Molecular Simulations
- Emprenedoria per a científics, Postgrau Gestió i Dinamització de la Innovació a l’Empresa, Universitat de Barcelona, (December 2011): session on scientific entrepreneurship
Access our moodle site.